Volunteers trained to provide foot patrol services in the downtown Hayward area.
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers trained to provide foot patrol services in the downtown Hayward area. An Ambassador usually volunteers about 2 hours per week. Ambassadors are recognizable by their green Ambassador jackets and receive special training from the Police Department.
THEIR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Providing information and assistance to businesses, residents and visitors in downtown Hayward.
- Assisting members of the public in finding places in the downtown and surrounding areas.
- Reporting illegal or suspicious activities to the police.
HOW DO I APPLY TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
- Complete a VIPS application mail to:
Hayward Police Department
Attn: Crime Prevention Unit
300 W. Winton Avenue
Hayward, CA 94544
- Participate in an interview with the Police Department
- Complete a background investigation including a no-cost fingerprint examination
For more information, please call 510.293.5051